timesheet

This forum is for posting code that needs help.

sharmilangel

timesheet

Post by sharmilangel »

this is the code referred to in my post 'calculating time' in the just basic forum "Novice"[/code]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by sharmilangel on Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
stpendl
Site Admin

Post by stpendl »

Here is an updated version getting rid of overlapping controls and repetitive code lines.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stefan
The invisible Admin
ShirleyMSmith

Post by ShirleyMSmith »

The Leave Type comboboxes and the textboxes are changed to have consecutively named handles, and I also added routines that greatly reduce the amount of code that is needed. I also added to the [Save] routine, although it isn't finished, but it works well enough for you to hopefully get some ideas about how you might save the data.
sharmilangel

excel timesheet

Post by sharmilangel »

here is the timesheet that i spoke about in my posts.
ShirleyMSmith

Updated Timesheet

Post by ShirleyMSmith »

Adds the following routines:
Sub GetTimeWorked, Sub GetTotalTimeWorked and Function GetTotalDeduction(
The Sub GetTimeWorked replaces the Sub CalcStartFinishBreak, because of the later being a minute off sometimes, however I left in CalcStartFinishBreak in case you decide to use it instead, but it isn't used in this version.

Shirley
ShirleyMSmith

Timesheet

Post by ShirleyMSmith »

Adds routines to the Timesheet to fill in the last two rows. New routines calculate flextimes and clear textboxes. Also makes it so that textboxes in columns with no times entered in remain blank rather than filling them with "00:00".
sharmilangel

Timesheet

Post by sharmilangel »

This is the code I modified and didn't seem to work
Last edited by sharmilangel on Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
ShirleyMSmith

Timesheet

Post by ShirleyMSmith »

Adds Save and Open routines, plus Date combobox routines. The Save/Open routines will need to be modified to make each employee's timesheet confidential.
ShirleyMSmith

Timesheet

Post by ShirleyMSmith »

Changes:
Added username & password routines.
Data file stores blank cells as "*";Chr$(blank+48 ) rather than "*";blank
Added functions to compress the time strings in the data file.
Compressed data in the data file by converting times into minutes, then into coded strings.
Added new code lines to both save and open/load routines.
Expanded [EditAddName] routines slightly: (window partly created) - for section heads use.
[Edit] Added ability to toggle from "Save" mode to "Save As" mode.
sharmilangel

Form

Post by sharmilangel »

This is a start to what the Section Head program could be like.
ShirleyMSmith

Timesheet

Post by ShirleyMSmith »

Updated Timesheet (it is still not finished).
Adds Calendar to get the date for the timesheet to open. Updated date arrays and date comboboxes; added temp timesheet data file. Updated Save and Open routines.
ShirleyMSmith

Timesheet

Post by ShirleyMSmith »

Update Timesheet program (it's still not finished).
Contains a new Timesheet version (Timesheet_06.bas) along with the 'Setup' window program (DevelopDialog_modal_06.bas), and the program (EditComboboxLists_01.bas) that initializes the 3 combobox arrays, plus gets the network path for all of the data files that will be shared. Also another program (Create_TimesheetTestFiles_02.bas) is included that creates multiple fortnights timesheet data for testing purposes. The 'Setup' program will eventually be put into the main Timesheet*.bas program.
sharmilangel

Timesheet_06a

Post by sharmilangel »

Have added flexbalance code and inserted info into dat file.
ShirleyMSmith

Timesheet

Post by ShirleyMSmith »

Includes an updated main timesheet program and an updated temporary data file setup program 'Create_TimesheetTestFiles_03.bas' that now will create timesheet dates that are current rather than ending in February like the old program did! It creates a test data file, with filled timesheets for one years worth of consecutive fortnights, up to the current fortnight's timesheet, which only has two days worth of data in it.

The main timesheet program (Timesheet_07.bas) now gets previous flextime balances. I also fixed a bug in the calendar date selector routines where the 'Pay Period Ending' date array items would end up as an earlier date than the 'Week Beginning Date'.

This zip file doesn't include the other two programs that my previous zip did.