Visual icon based scriptiong languge in jb

Programming Tools, Tips, and Tutorials.
mmiscool

Visual icon based scriptiong languge in jb

Post by mmiscool »

Hello all. First off my spelling sucks so please don't comment on it.

the program has some bitmaps that it needs so you can download the zip file with the source and bitmaps from here.

Ok.
I'm just throwing this out here so that people can look at it and give me some ideas.

I have been working on making a tool that allows you to script up a program by simply using icons. My end goal is to do some house automation and robot control. Currently i have a simple scripting editor and an interpreter that gives you some simple commands.

When you run the program it will ask you for the name of the program to load. Just click "ok" without typing any thing in to the blank.

Your script is a series of connected blocks. It starts in the block in the upper left hand corner and proceeds down.

To the commands that you can put into your script are in the three rows of icons above the script grid. To add a command to the script just click the icon for the command and click in the grid space you want to put that icon into.

After you have done that a dialog will pop up so that you can enter that commands parameters. The text box at the bottom will describe those parameters and how to use them. I can not say that the descriptions i have written are perfect. Some of them may have typos in them but if you look at the source code for the interpretation of that command you will see how it is interpreted.

To use a variable in your program you must end it with a ~ so if you want a variable it will look like this.

bla~

Also if you aren't completely confused by trying the program if you fined the form command and are inserting a button and are in the "button control" dialog box the line number box is for specifying the grid point to jump to so to tell it to jump to grid point (x,y) 3,5 you wood type in

"3x5"

ok.

Now i think that this is a good start.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mmiscool

Post by mmiscool »

updated version
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.