Jabas Address Cardfile V1.0

Database Applications
jaba

Jabas Address Cardfile V1.0

Post by jaba »

After much study and effort, sometimes with incredible difficulty, I have managed to clobber together a working sequential database: JABAS Address Cardfile. As a new user, I started this project by trying to solve some issues with an address book another user had posted. The program grew into what became Jaba's Address Book with Buttons, posted on the Novice board on July 24, 2009.

There are many address book and contact manager programs available to computer users, and I don't for a moment think mine offers anything different from all the others. But as an exercise in learning basic programming, it is a good utility to work with.

I welcome any comments or suggestions. How does the GUI look on your system? How's the code - bloated and unnecessary, or reasonable for the task? Can you break the program with ordinary use of the functions? Is it easy to use?

jaba
Attachments
JABAS_Address_Cardfile_V10.zip
The zip folder contains 2 versions of the program, one with comments and one without. Also contains a bitmap image, a readme.txt file and a data file (contactme.txt) to get started for testing.
(10.47 KiB) Downloaded 581 times