Manalink PlayDeck Analyser

General Computer Utilities
CirothUngol

Manalink PlayDeck Analyser

Post by CirothUngol » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:24 am

This is a utility I built to automatically correct\update PlayDeck.dck datafiles for the community-updated PC card game Manalink. It reads in a large data file in CSV (Comma Seperated Value) format and uses that information to correct the CardID#s of all PlayDeck.dck files in the input folder (DCK files are simple ASCII text files with a specific format and .dck extension). It includes many GUI widgets and a few menu options, uses some community-provided functions (credited, of course), and includes a couple of custom QSort routines. I've included some sample data files to import so you can check out the action. Please view the included ReadMe.txt for more information.

This is an earlier version that I'm releasing here just for the sake of completeness.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CirothUngol

Re: Manalink PlayDeck Analyser

Post by CirothUngol » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:45 am

This is the updated PlayDeck Analyser v0.2. Many changes and expanded functions to import datafiles from other applications and convert them to Manalink.dck format. Along with a host of enhanced capabilities and bug-fixes it contains many custom functions:

JBlongDate$(AddDayOfWeek) - Returns full MonthName and optional DayOfWeek
JBdots$(NumOfChar, Char$) - Returns NumOfChar copies of Char$, like SPACE$() for other characters
JBtimeFN$() - Create a unique filename in the format YYYYMMDD-hhmmss
JBlegalFN$(FileName$) - Returns a Legal Windows FileName from FileName$, replacing illegal characters with "_"
JBtimeSince$(StartTime) - Returns a string$ detailing how much time has expired since StartTime
JBcheckTextFile$(PathName$, FileName$) - Converts Unix\Mac and some Unicode text formatting to ASCII text
JBcustomNotice$(Title$, Message$, Buttons$) - My custom version of the Function from FreeForm-J

I've also created a customized "DATA Statement" version of RutCorn's All2Bas utility to generate byte-perfect copies of needed files on-the-fly. I've included some sample datafiles so you can check out the program. A ReadMe.txt detailing it's use will be automatically generated the first time you run it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CirothUngol

Re: Manalink PlayDeck Analyser

Post by CirothUngol » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:58 pm

Manalink PlayDeck Analyser v0.4b

This is the latest, and perhaps final, version of my Manalink PlayDeck correction utility. I've incorporated many new non-PlayDeck Manalink-related functions, as well as direct reading of Manalink's CARDS.DAT file format for PlayDeck scanning (meaning that the .CSV file is only needed for special functions).
New JustBASIC functions include:

JBgetDir$(tempFolder$, titleBar$) - A re-write of John Davidson's "J-Folders" function. Allows both selecting and creating folders.
JBfilePath$(Path$) - Returns everything to the left of the filename in a Full Path spec, including the trailing backslash
JBfileName$(Path$) - Returns the filename only (no extension) from a FileName or Full Path spec
JBfileExt$(Path$) - Returns the file extension from a FileName or Full Path spec, including the leading period
JBcopyFile(file$, copy$) - Copies source FileName to destination FileName using MaxChunk bytes. Returns "1" if successful.
JBgetLE(Handle$, NumOfBytes) - Returns Little-Endian values from a binary file. SEEK before calling.

There are also many improvements in the GUI, program layout, variable names and structures, and function integration. If you'd like to see the program in action, just search around for "Manalink" and find some data files to process. This app has an uber-tiny target user-base... probably only a dozen people actually use it with any regularity, but I feel that it does what it does rather well.
Hopefully you'll agree.

A few files will be automatically generated when the program is first ran. You can view the ReadMe.txt by clicking the ReadMe button in the lower-left of the interface.